Nassau Flyers, the only Platinum Cirrus Training Center and Service Center on Long Island specializes in flight training, aircraft management, aircraft service and Part 91 owner flying.
Our CFIs and members fly in our always-new fleet of over 15 Cirrus SR20 and SR22 aircraft. The fleet is serviced to exceed FAA and Cirrus requirements by our in-house Cirrus Certified Service technicians.
As a Nassau Flyers Flight Instructor you will help members progress to meet their aviation goals while following a scenario-based flight training syllabus. All CFIs are required to uphold a strong commitment to Cirrus training and flying guidelines, while maintaining safety standards and accurately documenting training progress using the Cirrus Learning Management System.
Among other career paths available at Nassau Flyers such as aircraft sales, maintenance, and management, CFIs will be eligible for increasing responsibilities, benefits, and compensation commensurate with performance.
-Fully paid Cirrus Transition Training for eligible candidates who are new to Cirrus.
– All employees receive structured onboarding and training.
– Nassau Flyers is a member-based flight school and as such attracts highly motivated students and customers. CFIs have the opportunity to book an incredible amount of hours a week
– CFIs at Nassau Flyers build airline hours faster, achieve ATP XC time faster and get hired by airlines faster than anywhere else. Our all-glass cockpit environment and professional track record attract Airline recruiters to actively seek CFIs with experience teaching at Nassau Flyers.
– Full-time CFIs receive Paid Time Off that increases with seniority
– Retirement plan with 3% match for eligible employees
– Part-91 Commercial flying opportunities
– Competitive, fixed compensation whether you are flying, providing ground or simulator instruction
– Fully paid monthly membership into Nassau Flyers Platinum club enabling you to rent aircraft
– Employee discount on Simulator and Aircraft Rental
– All CFIs get access to a full-time administrative staff to handle everything from scheduling to coordinating checkrides and paperwork
– Direct access to on-site Cirrus Certified Technicians to provide the latest cirrus operating guidelines, aircraft bulletins and to solve and coordinate any service-related tasks.
– Long term, career-based employment agreements and opportunities available
– Commercial ASEL and CFI
– Second Class Medical
Customer Experience Representative
Nassau Flyers is looking for a dynamic candidate to be their newest Customer Experience Representative. This person needs to possess an outgoing personality, provide top-notch customer service and have the ability to handle multiple projects all with a smile on their face.
Nassau Flyers creates an environment where our employees are encouraged to use their creative skills in enhancing everyday business operations. We believe in motivating and inspiring our employees to work to their best abilities. We are proud of the customer experience we offer; and truly value the environment we have established over the many years.
The ideal Nassau Flyers employee must be self-motivated, willing to take initiative, and able to prioritize tasks. They must be personable and able to work well with others in a team environment. Organizational skills are a must!
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– General office duties (greeting clients and students, answering multi-line phone system, filing, photocopying, data entry)
– Actively maintaining scheduling system
One to two years administrative experience is preferred, ideally in a similar role.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
– Must be a self-starter
– Must be willing to learn new things
– Candidate must be available to work weekends
Salary dependent on experience
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Nassau Flyers, a Cirrus Aircraft Service Center located at Republic Airport, is looking for a full time aircraft mechanic to help take the business to new heights. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to customers during all their interactions with Nassau Flyers.
Perform daily aircraft maintenance duties on Part 91 and Part 135 aircraft as well as providing, efficient, professional and courteous service to customers.
– Provide a wide range of aircraft and customer support services
– Perform aircraft maintenance for Part 91 and 135 aircraft to include, but not limited to, aircraft inspections, warranty repairs, oil changes, and aircraft troubleshooting
– Fueling/defueling/de-ice aircraft as requested.
– Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from maintenance facility/hangar
– Assist with wing walking duties
– Routine equipment maintenance and upkeep
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
– High School Diploma
– Current Airframe and Powerplant Rating
– Well-organized with basic computer skills
– Familiar with Part 91 and Part 135 maintenance and operational procedures
– Experience with Cirrus Aircraft preferred but not required
– Ability to work as part of a team or independently
– Ability to multitask
– Pass pre-employment drug testing per FAA/DOT regulations
Entails carrying out demanding tasks within a fast paced, physically challenging aviation environment. Position consists of working both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to nature’s elements and daily exposure to aircraft engine noise